Add to Technorati Favorites   Subscribe in Rojo   Add to Google     

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A New York Prayer Breakfast (NYPB) is a sign of things to come

Last week I had the pleasure of attending a prayer breakfast in Rochester, NY hosted by Rick Chavoustie and Charlie Craddock. The breakfast is held every month and lasts for about 60-90 minutes and has been going on now for about 6 years. It is a quaint and informal Christ-centered event. Each month they invite a guest to talk and give testimony and this month I was that guest.

The breakfast consisted of about 30 people, primarily automotive professionals being that Rick and Charlie both are in the automotive industry. Also in attendance were a vocalist and a few pastors from the area, one which had an extraordinary testimony to share that I might seek to publish sometime.

The topic of my testimony was faith in the workplace and I shared how God has become the decision-maker not just in my personal life but also in my career. I brought up things like Os Hillman whose TGIF devotionals I use daily and The C12 Group which has opened up to me the idea of a Biblically-minded career. I also shared the two blogs I write on – RelevantMessage.org and then this one for workplace content; plus I introduced them to the HomeNet Ministry blog (my now former employer).

I think the message was well-received. The important part for me while there was to be a messenger of Light and to be an expression of humility and trust in the Lord.

While there it became apparent to me that the much anticipated career changes I have been experiencing were coming to a head. I was there in place of my own boss who was originally scheduled to be the guest speaker but then chose to attend a higher-profile industry event instead. It took tremendous love and selflessness (which is hard for me) to be a genuine steward of the situation. But I guess that is what this is all about – working for Christ and not your self, that is.

Rick and his family welcomed me into their home the night before which made for a hearty and blessed stay. All-in-all it was a great trip and a refreshing experience. Thank you to Charlie and Rick for having me and to those that took the time to share with me their own stories. I hope that this visit is not only the first of many more in Rochester, but also that it may lead to additional fruitful benefits for us all in the times to come.

God Bless!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home